Place:


Titley  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Titley like this:

TITLEY, a parish, with a village, in the district of Presteigne and county of Hereford; on the Leominster and Kington railway, 3 miles NE of Kington. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office designated Titley, Herefordshire. Acres, 1,876. Real property, £2,597. Pop., 373. Houses, 78. ...


T. Court belonged to the Greenleys; and passed, in 1839, to Sir T. Hastings. Eywood belongs to the Harleys. A Benedictine priory, a cell to Tyrone abbey in France, stood in the parish; and was given, by Henry V., to Winchester college. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £231. Patron, Winchester College. The church is good.

Titley through time

Titley is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Titley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Titley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2726

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Titley ".