Place:


Michaelchurch  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Michaelchurch like this:

MICHAELCHURCH, a hamlet in Tretire parish, Hereford; on the Garran brook, 5 miles NW of Ross. It once was a parish; and it still ranks, ecclesiastically, as a rectory, annexed, to the rectory of Tretire, in the diocese of Hereford.

Additional information about this locality is available for Tretire

Michaelchurch through time

Michaelchurch is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Michaelchurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Michaelchurch in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25782

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Michaelchurch ".