Place:


Tretire  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tretire like this:

TRETIRE-WITH-MICHAELCHURCH, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; 5½ miles W of Ross r. station. Post town, Ross. Acres, 1,356. Real property, £2,041. Pop., 147. Houses, 31. The manor belongs to Sir H. Hoskyns, Bart. The living is a double rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £182.* Patron, the Rev. J. Webb. The church was rebuilt in 1856. There is a free school.

Tretire through time

Tretire is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tretire itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tretire in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4115

Date accessed: 26th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tretire ".