Place:


Borrowash  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Borrowash like this:

BORROWASH, a village in Ockbrook parish, Derbyshire; on the Midland railway, near the Derby canal and the Derwent river, 4 ½ miles ESE of Derby. It has a station on the railway, a post office under Derby, a Wesleyan chapel, a cotton and lace factory, and flourmills. Elvaston Castle, the seat of the Earl of Harrington, is near it.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ockbrook

Borrowash through time

Borrowash is now part of Erewash district. Click here for graphs and data of how Erewash has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Borrowash itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Borrowash, in Erewash and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25069

Date accessed: 16th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Borrowash ".