Place:


Edlington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edlington like this:

EDLINGTON, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; under the Wolds, adjacent to the river Bain, 3¼ miles NW of Horncastle r. station. It has a post office under Horncastle. Acres, 2, 900. Real property, £4, 038. Pop., 212. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. Edlington Grove is the seat of the Shorts. The parish is a meet for the South Wolds hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £352. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was partially rebuilt in 1860.

Edlington through time

Edlington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edlington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12188

Date accessed: 19th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edlington ".