Place:


Wispington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wispington like this:

WISPINGTON, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 3¾ miles WN W of Horncastle r. station. Post town, Horncastle. Acres, 1,570. Real property, £1,064. Pop., 85. Houses, 13. The manor belongs to Turnor, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200.* Patron,Turnor, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1863.

Wispington through time

Wispington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wispington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wispington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14097

Date accessed: 25th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wispington ".