Place:


Westwood  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westwood like this:

WESTWOOD-CUM-IFORD, a parish, with a village, in Bradford district, Wilts; 2 miles SW of Bradford r. station. Post town, Bradford-on-Avon. Acres, 813. Real property, £1,655. Pop. in 1851, 605; in 1861, 469,- of whom 114 were in Bradford workhouse. Houses, 75. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The living is a rectory, annexed to Bradford. The church is ancient. There is a national school.

Westwood through time

Westwood is now part of West Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westwood in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12138

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westwood ".