Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SIDLOW-BRIDGE

SIDLOW-BRIDGE, a chapelry in Horley parish, Surrey; on the river Mole, near Horley r. station. It was constituted in 1861; and its Post town is Horley, under Crawley. Pop., 550. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £85.* Patron, alternately R. Clutton, Esq., and J.Sherrard, Esq. The church was built in 1861, and is in the early English style.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Horley AP/CP       Surrey AncC
Place: Sidlow Bridge

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.