Place:


Sidlow Bridge  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sidlow Bridge like this:

SIDLOW-BRIDGE, a chapelry in Horley parish, Surrey; on the river Mole, near Horley r. station. It was constituted in 1861; and its Post town is Horley, under Crawley. Pop., 550. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £85.* Patron, alternately R. Clutton, Esq., and J.Sherrard, Esq. The church was built in 1861, and is in the early English style.

Sidlow Bridge through time

Sidlow Bridge is now part of Reigate and Banstead district. Click here for graphs and data of how Reigate and Banstead has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sidlow Bridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sidlow Bridge, in Reigate and Banstead and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23548

Date accessed: 16th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sidlow Bridge ".