Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for STOCKWITH (East)

STOCKWITH (East), a township and a chapelry in Gainsborough parish, Lincoln. The township lies on the river Trent, 3¾ miles NNW of Gainsborough r. station. Real property, £1,604. Pop., 313. Houses, 75. The chapelry was constituted in 1846. Post town, Gainsborough. Pop., 378. Houses, 89. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £182* Patron, the Bishop of L. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township and a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: East Stockwith CP/Tn       Gainsborough AP/CP       Lincolnshire AncC
Place names: EAST STOCKWITH     |     STOCKWITH     |     STOCKWITH EAST
Place: East Stockwith

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.