Place:


East Stockwith  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Stockwith like this:

STOCKWITH (East), a township and a chapelry in Gainsborough parish, Lincoln. The township lies on the river Trent, 3¾ miles NNW of Gainsborough r. station. Real property, £1,604. Pop., 313. Houses, 75. The chapelry was constituted in 1846. Post town, Gainsborough. Pop., 378. Houses, 89. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £182* Patron, the Bishop of L. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

East Stockwith through time

East Stockwith is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Stockwith itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Stockwith, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13768

Date accessed: 11th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Stockwith ".