Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for CRACKMARSH, or Crakemarsh

CRACKMARSH, or Crakemarsh, a constablewick in Uttoxeter parish, Stafford; on the river Dove, 2 miles N of Uttoxeter. It belonged, before the Conquest, to Earl Algar; and passed to the Ferrerses, the Verdons, the Berghershes, and others.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a constablewick"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Uttoxeter CP/AP       Staffordshire AncC
Place names: CRACKMARSH     |     CRACKMARSH OR CRAKEMARSH     |     CRAKEMARSH
Place: Crakemarsh

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.