Place:


Crakemarsh  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crakemarsh like this:

CRACKMARSH, or Crakemarsh, a constablewick in Uttoxeter parish, Stafford; on the river Dove, 2 miles N of Uttoxeter. It belonged, before the Conquest, to Earl Algar; and passed to the Ferrerses, the Verdons, the Berghershes, and others.

Additional information about this locality is available for Uttoxeter

Crakemarsh through time

Crakemarsh is now part of East Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crakemarsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crakemarsh in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24562

Date accessed: 09th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crakemarsh ".