In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chippinghurst like this:
CHIPPINGHURST, a hamlet in Cuddesden parish, Oxfordshire; 6½ miles SE of Oxford. Acres, 140. Real property, £664. Pop., 19. Houses, 6.
Chippinghurst is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chippinghurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chippinghurst in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chippinghurst ".