In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Roggiet like this:
ROGGIETT, a parish in Chepstow district, Monmouth; on the South Wales railway and on the coast, 2¼ miles E by N of Magor r. station, and 6½ S W by W of Chepstow. Post-town, Chepstow. Acres, 2, 905; of which 2, 355 are foreshore. Real property, with Ifton, £3,058. Pop. of R. alone, 36. Houses, 7. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the rectories of Ifton and Llanvihange1, in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £390. Patron, Lord Tredegar. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Roggiet has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Roggiet and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Roggiet in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Roggiet".