In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Harrowden like this:
HARROWDEN (LITTLE), a village and a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton. The village stands near the Bedford and Leicester railway, 2½ miles N by W of Wellingborough; and has a post office under Wellingborough. The parish comprises 1, 480 acres. Real property, £3, 121. Pop., 679. Houses, 153. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicar_ age, annexed to the vicarage of Great Harrowden, in the diocese of Peterborongh. The church has a Norman door, and a square tower; and was recently renovated. There are a Methodist chapel, an endowed school with £20 a year, and other charities with £38.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Harrowden has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wellingborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Harrowden and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Harrowden, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Harrowden".