In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broome like this:
BROOM, a parish in Kidderminster district, Worcester; 1 mile E of Churchill r. station, and 3½ S of Stourbridge. Post Town, Churchill, under Kidderminster. Acres, 716. Real property, £1,726. Pop., 118. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. Broom House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £320.* Patron, J. G. Bourne, Esq. The church is a brick structure, with a tower; and contains a marble monument by Flaxman.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Broome has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wyre Forest. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Broome and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broome, in Wyre Forest and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Broome".