In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langford like this:
LANGFORD, a parish in Newark district, Notts; on the Newark and Lincoln railway, and on the Fosse way, near the river Trent. and near the boundary with Lincolnshire, 3 miles NNE of Newark r. station. Post-town, Newark. Acres, 2,182. Real property, £2,471. Pop., 161 . Houses, 24. The manor and most of the land belong to Lord Middleton. Langford House is the seat of T. A. F. Burnaby, Esq. Bricks are made. A Roman settlement was here. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Holme, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is a plain building, with a tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Langford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Newark and Sherwood. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Langford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langford, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langford".