Place:


Woodham Walter  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodham Walter like this:

WOODHAM-WALTER, a parish in Maldon district, Essex; 3 miles W of Maldon r. station. It has a post-office under Maldon. Acres, 2,421. Real property, £4,332. Pop., 598. Houses, 125. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £437.* Patron, Mrs. Coles. The church was built in 1562, and has a steeple. There is a national school.

Woodham Walter through time

Woodham Walter is now part of Maldon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maldon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodham Walter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodham Walter, in Maldon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6985

Date accessed: 21st January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodham Walter ".