Place:


North Shoebury  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Shoebury like this:

SHOEBURY (North), a parish in Rochford district, Essex; on the coast, 3½ miles E of Southend r. station. Post town, Southchurch, under Southend. Acres, 2,131; of which 1,045 are water. Real property, £2,518. Pop., 193. Houses, 40. The manor belongs to G. A. W. Welch, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £185.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient but good.

North Shoebury through time

North Shoebury is now part of Southend on Sea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Southend on Sea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Shoebury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Shoebury, in Southend on Sea and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6900

Date accessed: 17th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Shoebury ".