Quendon  Essex


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Quendon like this:

QUENDON, a parish in Saffron-Walden district, Essex; adjacent to the river Stort and the London and Cambridge railway, 3 miles N by W of Elsenham r. station, and 6 S by W of Saffron-Walden. It has a post-office under Bishop-Stortford. Acres, 643. Real property, £952. Pop., 165. Houses, 35. The manor, with Q. Hall, belongs to Capt. H. by ng. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £165.* Patron, Capt. H. by ng. The church was rebuilt in 1861.

Quendon through time

Quendon is now part of Uttlesford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Uttlesford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Quendon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Quendon, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 22nd April 2019

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Quendon ".