In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Charford like this:
CHARFORD (South), a parish in Fordingbridge district, Hants; formerly reckoned a tything of North Charford, and lying contiguous to it, 7 miles SSE of Salisbury. Acres, 833. Real property, £1,068. Pop., 70. Houses, 13. It has no ecclesiastical status.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing South Charford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of New Forest. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering South Charford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Charford, in New Forest and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "South Charford".