In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Crawley like this:
CRAWLEY (North), a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; adjoining the boundary with Beds, 3¼ miles E of Newport-Pagnell r. station, and 8¾ NE of Bletchley. Post town, Newport-Pagnell. Acres, 4, 064. Real property, £4, 316. Pop., 981. Houses, 219. The property is much subdivided. A monastery was founded here before the time of Edward the Confessor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, not reported. Patron, Miss Duncombe. The church belongs to the 14th century; and is in good condition. There are Independent and Baptist chapels, a national school, and charities £8.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Crawley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Milton Keynes. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Crawley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Crawley, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Crawley".