In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cefn like this:
CEFN, a chapelry in St. Asaph parish, Denbigh; 3 miles SW of St. Asaph. It has a post office under Rhyl. Pop., 620. The living is a rectory. Value, £292. The church was built in 1864, and is handsome.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cefn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cefn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cefn in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cefn".