Place:


Buckland  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buckland like this:

BUCKLAND, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; between the Aylesbury and the Wendover canal, 2½ miles S of Marston-Gate r. station, and 3 WNW of Tring. Post Town, Tring. Acres, 1,544. Real property, £2,614. Pop., 732. Houses, 146. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Stoke-Mandeville, in the diocese of Oxford. The church is ancient. There are a chapel of ease, Baptist and Methodist chapels, and a national school.

Buckland through time

Buckland is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Buckland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buckland, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3659

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Buckland ".