In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston Peverell like this:
PENNYCROSS, or Weston-Peverell, a chapelry in Plymouth, St. Andrew parish, Devon; adjoining Stoke, and 2 miles N N W of Plymouth. Post-town, Plymouth. Acres, 1, 281; of which 50 are water. Rated property, £4, 397. Pop., 315. Houses, 60. The property is much subdivided. There are several genteel residences. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of P., St. Andrew, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is later English, and good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Weston Peverell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Plymouth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Weston Peverell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston Peverell, in Plymouth and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th April 2016
You have reached this page because, for example, "Pennycross" was one of the names of this administrative unit which we associate with Weston Peverell.
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "pennycross".