In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bramshaw like this:
BRAMSHAW, a parish in the district of New Forest, and counties of Hants and Wilts; 5 miles SSW of Dunbridge r. station, and 6½ NNW of Lyndhurst. It includes the hamlets of Fritham and Furzley; and has a post office under Lyndhurst. Acres, 3,560. Real property, with West Wellow, £3,194. Pop., 746. Houses, 167. The property is subdivided. Bramshaw House is a chief residence. The Hants portion, amounting to 1,960 acres, is all in the New Forest. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £161 * Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury. The church is a neat, ancient, modernized structure, said to have been built by the Conqueror; and has a square, brick, ivy-clad tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bramshaw has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of New Forest. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bramshaw and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bramshaw, in New Forest and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bramshaw".