In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Paston like this:
PASTON, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; on the coast, 8¾ miles N E of North Walsham r. station, and 18 N N E of Norwich. Post-town, North Walsham, under Norwich. Acres, 1, 445; of which 70 are water. Real property, £2, 676. Pop., 286. Houses, 63. The property is subdivided. Paston Hall is the seat of John Mack, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £121. Patron, J. Mack, Esq. The church stands on a rising ground; has a handsome tower; and contains monuments of the Paston family, somemembers of which wrote the well-known " Paston Letters."
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Paston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Paston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Paston in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Paston".