In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Wickham like this:
WICKHAM (East), a parish in Dartford district, Kent; 1¾ mile SSW of Abbeywood r. station, and 3 S E of Woolwich. It contains part of Welling hamlet, which has a post-office under London SE. Acres, 885. Real property, £4,154. Pop. in 1851, 666; in 1861, 836. Houses, 171. W. House is the seat of R. Jones, Esq.; and there are other good residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £172. Patron, the Rev. W. Acworth. The church is tolerable; and there are an endowed school with £86 a year, and charities £59.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Wickham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bexley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Wickham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Wickham, in Bexley and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Wickham".