In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kilmiston like this:
KILMISTON, a parish in Alresford district, Hants; 4 miles S of Alresford r. station. Post town, Alresford. Acres, 1, 912. Real property, £2, 100. Pop., 193. Houses, 41. Downs form part of the surface, and have some barrows. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the.rectory of Cheriton, in the diocese of Winchester. There is a slightly endowed school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kilmiston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Winchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kilmiston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kilmiston, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kilmiston".