In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Langbank like this:
Langbank, a village and a quoad sacra parish in Erskine parish, Renfrewshire. The village, on the southern shore of the Clyde, opposite Dumbarton, has a post and telegraph office under Port Glasgow, Established and U.P. churches, and a station on the Greenock section of the Caledonian, 4¼ miles ESE of Port Glasgow. Constituted in 1875, the parish is in the presbytery of Greenock and synod of Glasgow and Ayr. Pop. (1881) of village, 322; of q. s. parish, 575.Ord. Sur., sh. 30, 1866.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Langbank has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Renfrewshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Langbank and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langbank in Renfrewshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langbank".