Place:


Cummersdale  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cummersdale like this:

CUMBERSDALE, or Cummersdale, a township in St. Mary parish, Cumberland; on the river Caldew, and on the Carlisle and Maryport railway, 2 miles SW of Carlisle. It has a sub-station on the railway, and a post office under Carlisle. Acres, 1, 911. Pop., 829. Houses, 155.

Cummersdale through time

Cummersdale is now part of Carlisle district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carlisle has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cummersdale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cummersdale, in Carlisle and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1554

Date accessed: 19th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cummersdale ".