In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stallingborough like this:
STALLINGBOROUGH, a parish, with S. village and Little London hamlet, in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the Manchester and Lincolnshire railway, 5 miles WNW of Great Grimsby. It has a post-office under Ulceby, and a r. station; and it extends to the Humber, and has there a coastguard station, a lighthouse, and a ferry. Acres, 5,792; of which 1,490 are foreshore. Real property, £7,981. Pop., 433. Houses, 97. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. Boucherett, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £250. Patron, the Bishop of L. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stallingborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North East Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stallingborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stallingborough in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stallingborough".