In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton Bingham like this:
SUTTON-BINGHAM, a parish, with a r. station, in Yeovil district, Somerset; on the London, Yeovil, and Exeter railway, 3 miles SSW of Yeovil. Post town, Yeovil. Acres, 549. Real property, £750. Pop., 67. Houses, 11. The manor belongs to W. H. Helyar, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £230.* Patron, W. H. Helyar, Esq. The church is later English.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sutton Bingham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sutton Bingham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton Bingham in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sutton Bingham".