In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langford Budville like this:
LANGFORD-BUDVILLE, a village and a parish in Wellington district, Somerset. The village stands on the river Tone, near the Western canal, 1½ mile NW of Wellington r. station; and has a post-office under Wellington, Somerset. The parish comprises 1,853 acres. Real property, £3,420. Pop. in 1851,577; in 1861, 457. Houses, 100. The property is divided among a few. The manor and much of the land belong to E. A. Sandford, Esq. Bindon House is a lunatic asylum. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Milverton, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church is later English; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with a tower. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Langford Budville has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Taunton Deane. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Langford Budville and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langford Budville, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langford Budville".