In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dodington like this:
DODINGTON, a parish in Williton district, Somerset; near the Quantock-hills, 6 miles ENE of Stogumber r. station, and 8½ WNW of Bridgewater. Post town, Nether-Stowey, under Bridgewater. Acres, 543. Real property, £754. Pop., 98. Houses, 18. The property is all in one estate. Limestone is quarried. A copper mine was formerly worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £120.* Patron, Sir P. P. F. P. Acland, Bart. The church is later English, with a tower; and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dodington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dodington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dodington in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dodington".