In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dinder like this:
DINDER, a parish in Wells district, Somerset; on the river Brue, and the East Somerset railway, 2 miles SE of Wells. Post town, Wells. Acres, 1, 071. Real property, £2, 129. Pop., 244. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Somervilles. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £184.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church consists of nave, chancel, and north aisle, with porch and square tower; and contains a stone pulpit, a fine font, and some monuments of the Somervilles and others.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dinder has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dinder and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dinder, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dinder".