Place:


Farlesthorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farlesthorpe like this:

FARLSTHORPE, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, 2 miles SE of Alford. Post town, Alford. Acres, 1, 043. Real property, £1, 568. Pop., 135. Houses, 26. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £64. Patron, Mrs. J. Kipling. The church is good.

Farlesthorpe through time

Farlesthorpe is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farlesthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farlesthorpe, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12212

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farlesthorpe ".