In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Poulshot like this:
POULSHOT, a parish in Devizes district, Wilts;on an affluent of the river Avon, 2½ miles S S E of Seend r.station, and 3½ S W by W of Devizes. It has a post-office under Devizes. Acres, 1, 589. Real property, £3, 961. Pop., 334. Houses, 73. The manor belongs to W. Long, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £463.* Patron, the Bishop of Salisbury. The church was recently restored. There is an endowed school with £11 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Poulshot has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Poulshot and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Poulshot, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Poulshot".