In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chiseldon like this:
CHISLEDON, a village and a parish in Highworth district, Wilts. The village stands 4 miles SE of Swindon r. station, and 8 S of Highworth; and has a post office under Swindon. The parish includes also the tythings of Badbury and Hodson. Acres, 4, 750. Real property, £8, 881. Pop., 1, 206. Houses, 262. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £173.* Patron, H. Calley, Esq. The church is good.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chiseldon, in Swindon and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chiseldon ".