In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bromham like this:
BROMHAM, a village, a parish, and a subdistrict, in Devizes district, Wilts. The village stands 1½ mile N of the Kennet and Avon canal, 1¾ S of the Roman road to Bath, 2 miles N by E of Seend r. station, and 3½ NW of Devizes; and has a post office under Chippenham, and an hostelry. ...
The parish comprises 3,593 acres. Real property, £6,894. Pop., 1,402. Houses, 314. The property is divided among a few. The manor was held, in the time of Edward the Confessor, by Earl Harold; belonged, in the time of Henry VI., to Lord St. Amand; and passed from him to the Bayntons. Bromham House was destroyed in 1645. Spy Park house was built in 1650 by the Bayntons; is an interesting embattled edifice, on the verge of a fine hill; was occasionally visited, in the time of Charles II., by the witty but profligate Earl of Rochester; and is now the seat of J. Baynton Starky, Esq. Sloperton Cottage, in the north, near Bowood Park, was long the residence and eventually the death-place of the poet Moore. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £698.* Patron, the Rev. E. Edgell. The church is decorated English, richly sculptured; has a handsome spire; was restored in 1869; and contains tombs of the Bayntons, an alabaster tomb of a Beauchamp, and a monumental tablet to Dr. Season, who wrote "Season on the Seasons." The churchyard contains the grave of the poet Moore. There are a Baptist chapel, a Wesleyan chapel, and alms-houses, the latter with £20 a year. Bishop Webb, the Somerset county historian Collinson, and Dr. Season were natives. The subdistrict contains four parishes and part of another. Acres, 13,903. Pop., 4,884. Houses, 1,103.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bromham, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bromham ".