Place:


Aswardby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aswardby like this:

ASWARDBY, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the river Steeping, 4 miles NW of Spilsby, and 6 SW of Alford r. station. Post Town, Hagworthingham under Spilsby. Acres, 741. Real property, £1,755. Pop., 68. Houses, 15. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £266. Patron, R. Brackenbury, Esq. The church is good.

Aswardby through time

Aswardby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aswardby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aswardby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11420

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aswardby ".