In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Asgarby like this:
ASGARBY, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; adjacent to the Boston and Grantham railway, 3 miles E of Sleaford. It includes the hamlet of Boughton; and its Post Town is Sleaford. Acres, 838. Real property, £1,424. Pop., 83. Houses, 14. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Kirkby-la-Thorpe, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is later English, and has a crocketted spire.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Asgarby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Asgarby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Asgarby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Asgarby".