In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Amcotts like this:
AMCOTTS, a township-chapelry in Althorpe parish Lincoln; on the river Trent, 5 miles E by N of Crowle. Post Town, Althorpe under Bawtry. Pop., 374. Houses 75. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; and was formerly annexed to the rectory of Althorpe, but was recently made a separate benefice. Value, £260. Patron, the Crown. The church is new. A former church, dedicated to St. Thomas a. Becket, fell down in 1849. There is a Wesleyan chapel
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Amcotts has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Amcotts and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Amcotts in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Amcotts".