Place:


Cartmel Fell  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cartmel Fell like this:

CARTMEL-FELL, a township-chapelry in Cartmel parish, Lancashire; on the river Winster, 4¾ miles N of Grange r. station, and 6½ NNE of Cartmel. Post Town, Newton-in-Cartmel. Acres, 2,900. Real property, £3,114. Pop., 308. Houses, 61. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £130. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church is good; and there is a Quakers' chapel.

Cartmel Fell through time

Cartmel Fell is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cartmel Fell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cartmel Fell, in South Lakeland and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10038

Date accessed: 21st September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cartmel Fell ".