Place:


Pedmore  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pedmore like this:

PEDMORE, a parish in Bromsgrove district, Worcester; under Clent hills, 1½ mile S S E of Stourbridge r.station. Post-town, Stourbridge. Acres, 1, 474. Real property, £4,008. Pop., 297. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to Old Swinford hospital. P. Hall is the seat of J. Hunt, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £457. Patron, Old Swinford Hospital. The church is Norman, and partially ivy-clad:and has a tower.

Pedmore through time

Pedmore is now part of Dudley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dudley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pedmore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pedmore, in Dudley and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9999

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pedmore ".