In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Culham like this:
CULHAM, a parish in the district of Abingdon, and counties of Oxford and Berks; on the river Thames, adjacent to the Oxford railway, 1½ mile S by E of Abingdon. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Abingdon. Acres, 1, 680; of which about 40 are in Berks. Real property, £3, 656. Pop., 474. Houses, 93. The property is all in one estate. The manor belonged to Abingdon abbey; and an old seat on it, converted into a farm-house, was a residence of the abbots. Culham college, built in 1853, at a cost of nearly £20, 000, is a training school for schoolmasters of the dioceses of Oxford and Gloucester, and contains accommodation for 130 students. ...
A bridge on the Thames here was built in 1416 by Geoffrey Barbour. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church was mainly rebuilt in 1852, in the early English style; but retains a chancel and tower of 1712. Charities, £41.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Culham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Culham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Culham in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Culham".