Place:


Fladbury  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fladbury like this:

FLADBURY, a village in Pershore district, and a parish partly also in Evesham and Droitwich districts, Worcester. The village stands on the river Avon, adjacent to the West Midland railway, 3 miles E of Pershore; was anciently known as Fleathanbyrig; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Pershore. ...


The parish includes also the hamlets of Abbots-Lench and Hill and Moor, and the chapelries of Wyre-Piddle, Throckmorton, and Stock and Bradley. Acres, 7, 862. Real property, £8, 558. Pop., 1, 514. Houses, 338. The property is subdivided. The manor was given, in 671, by Etheldred to Bishop Ostforus. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Wyre-Piddle and Throckmorton, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £721.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is ancient, and contains some interesting monuments; and the chancel was restored in 1865. The chapelry of Bradley became a separate charge in 1864. There are churches at Wyre-Piddle and Throckmorton, a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £62.

Fladbury through time

Fladbury is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fladbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fladbury, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9879

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fladbury ".