In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Claines like this:
CLAINES, a village, a parish, and a sub-district in Droitwich district, Worcestershire. The village stands amid charming environs, near the West Midland railway, the river Severn, and the Worcester and Birmingham canal, 2 miles N by E of Worcester. The parish includes also the tything of Whistones; which lies within the city of Worcester, and forms an extensive suburb. ...
Post town, Worcester. Acres, 4, 813. Real property, £29, 189; of which £2, 700 are in gas-works. Pop., 8, 106. Houses, 1, 716. The property is subdivided. Perdiswell is the seat of Sir O. Wakeman, Bart. Bevere is a handsome seat on an island in the Severn, supposed to have been a beaver colouy. A priory of white nuns was founded within Whistones tything prior to 1255; and given, at the dissolution, to Richard Callowhill. The mansion of White Ladies rose out of the nunnery; was visited, in 1585, by Queen Elizabeth; has often been confounded with the mansion of the same name which gave shelter to Charles II. after the battle of Worcester; and contains the bed and cup used by Elizabeth at her visit. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £180.* Patron, Sir O. Wakeman, Bart. The church is later English. St. George's p. curacy is a separate charge; in the patronage of the vicar. The church is in St. George's square, Worcester; and was built at a cost of £3, 345. Barbourne p. curacy also is a separate charge. There are a national school and some charities.The sub-district contains only part of Claines parish, but contains also ten other parishes and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 16, 782. Pop., 7, 465. Houses, 1, 626.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Claines, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Claines ".