Place:


Abbots Morton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abbots Morton like this:

ABBOTS-MORTON, a parish in the district of Alcester and county of Worcester; 6 miles N by E of Fladbury r. station, and 7 WSW of Alcester. It has a post office under Bromsgrove. Acres, 1,420. Real property, £2,091. Pop. 245. Houses, 57. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £146. Patron, G. J. A. Walker, Esq. The church is good.

Abbots Morton through time

Abbots Morton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abbots Morton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abbots Morton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9574

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abbots Morton ".